In its ongoing efforts to support the sale of safe and responsible products, UNPA has enacted the following trade policies as conditions of membership for prospective and all current UNPA members.
“As we have done before with our other no-sale policies, we’re committed to moving quickly to define the boundaries of responsible practices within the industry,” said Loren Israelsen, UNPA president. “UNPA will continue to do so as circumstances warrant.”
- Effective April 9, 2015, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of β-methylphenethylamine (BMPEA).
- Effective Feb. 24, 2015, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of bulk-powdered caffeine for retail sales.
- Effective May 1, 2014, UNPA members will not engage in the sale, distribution or marketing of any products that contain kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) for human use or consumption.
- Effective May 1, 2013, no UNPA member will engage in the sale of 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine or geranium extract, commonly known as DMAA or any chemically related substance.
- Effective May 1, 2005, UNPA members will not engage in the sale, distribution or marketing of any products containing ephedra or ma huang (Ephedra sinica) at any dose.